Here is the Schedule
The Hampton Inn in Taos is able to discount all of their rooms for the Peewee tournament. They can offer $105 + tax for all King and Queen size rooms, breakfast included, complimentary WiFi, heated pool and hot tub.
To book the rooms at this rate, please call the hotel directly at 575-737-5700. Do NOT press 1 to make a reservation; that would get you to a different website. Stay on the line until you get somebody directly from the hotel and let them know that you are with the Peewees.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- Rule 1 - Home teams will score and clock the games. All teams play 4 games; 2 home and 2 away.
- Rule 2 - TEAM ROSTER FORM AND PLAYER REGISTRATION:
- A. All tournament players must be listed on the official USA Hockey signed player roster form (USA Hockey Form 1-T)
- B. There will be a credentials check to verify the credentials of each player and each team participating in the tournament.
Coaches and managers are required to be registered with USA Hockey for the current playing season and have completed Safesport and background screenings.
- C. The following credentials must be presented to the tournament director or Taos Peewee manager for review:
USA Hockey 1-T (Official USA Hockey roster signed by registrar)
The USA Hockey 1-T must be completed for the current season and bear the signature of the USA Hockey District Registrar or his/her designee. A team will not be allowed to play until its credentials have been checked.
- Rule 3 - PLAYER ELIGIBILITY:
- A. No player will be allowed to play for a team unless his or her name appears on the USA Hockey player roster form signed by the USA Hockey District Registrar or his/her designee for that team for the current season.
- B. No player will be allowed to play for more than one team without the express written permission of the Tournament Director.
- RULE 4 - PLAYING RULES:
- A. The playing rules of the Tournament will be such rules as laid out in the current USA Hockey rule Book.
- B. If changes in playing time are found necessary in the operation of the Tournament, all managers will be advised well prior to the commencement of their scheduled games.
- RULE 5 - DURATION OF GAMES:
- All games will be three 12-minute stop clock periods, time permitting. Run the 3rd period if necessary.
- Curfew is 60 minutes. Penalties assessed during games will be followed as per USA Hockey Rulebook.
- All tournament games are curfew games, and must end by the prescribed time.
- RULE 6 - PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- While on the ice, all players (including goaltenders) are encouraged to wear throat protectors. This shall include games, practices, during warm-ups and while sitting on the player’s bench or penalty bench. All other equipment requirements will be in accord with USA Hockey rules.
- RULE 7 - ON-ICE OFFICIALS:
- USA Hockey sanctioned officials only shall be used to officiate all games. Referees may allow each team one Time Out during a game, time permitting. All decisions of the referees are final. No protests are allowed.
- RULE 8 – ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY:
- The tournament will be conducted in accordance with the USA Hockey policy(s) of Zero Tolerance. Good sportsmanship will be expected at all times, from Coaches, Players, Officials, Parents, and Spectators. Violations will results in suspensions and removal from the tournament. The Tournament Director(s) decisions will be final, and not subject to protest.
- RULE 9 – Tournament fees
- The tournament fee is $350.00 per team and is non-refundable. Please mail your payment to:
Taos Youth Hockey Association
407 Paseo del Canon, East
(Taos Youth and Family Center)
Taos, NM 87571